4.14.2011

About me

My name is Pawel Bartosik. I am a pastor of Evangelical Reformed Church in Gdansk, where I have ministered since April 3, 2005, that is since the mother-church in Wroclaw (CREC) officially delegated me to establish the church in Gdansk.

We started with 5 people (my family and one married couple). God has blessed our ministry, so that we can see the gradual growth of the church. Since the beginning of our ministry we have cooperated with CREC - Confederation of Reformed Evangelical Churches. Because of our church context there came out the idea of running a blog in English, especially for those interested in what I think and do as a pastor in Poland and how we function as a church.

Just two more words about me: I’m married to Jola and we have three kids: Zuzanna, Jan and Maja (English: Susan, John, Maya). We homeschool our children (which is not popular in Poland). I serve in a city of nearly 0.5 million inhabitants, situated on coast of the Baltic Sea in north Poland. This is the city where Lech Walesa the leader of Solidarity movement was born as well as the fall of communism in all Europe started. Except pastoral work (or rather in its range) I write articles for 'Reformation in Poland' magazine on a regular basis. Theses days I’m preparing my Ph.D. theses on homeschooling at the University of Gdansk. For several months I’ve also been the leader of a rock band Krotka Pilka. I sing, play the guitar, write lyrics and compose songs.

Writers: C.S. Lewis, G.K. Chesterton, D. Wilson, J.R.R. Tolkien, J. Bunyan.

Music: Simon and Garfunkel, King Crimson, Pink Floyd, REM, James, U2, The Cure, RATM (not lyrics :), Santana, Lou Reed, The Clash, Miles Davis, John Coltrane, The Doors, Joy Division, Fugazi, Pearl Jam, Sonic Youth, Kult, Armia, Brygada Kryzys, Strachy na Lachy, Raz Dwa Trzy, reggae.

Theologians: St. John Chrisostom, St. Augustine, M. Luther, J. Calvin, Ch. Spurgeon, C. Van Til, J.Owen, G. Bahnsen, R. J. Rushdoony, G. North, J. Frame, F. Schaeffer, J. Jordan, P. Leithart, R.C. Sproul, D. Wilson.

Movies: Braveheart, Matrix, Gran Torino, Life is beautiful, Forrest Gump, Passion, Artificial Intelligence A.I., The Lord of the Rings, To end all wars, Star Wars, Gladiator, Minority Report, Schindler’s List, 24, Interstellar. 

Hobby: theology, music, literature, sport (NBA, soccer, speedway racing)

Find me on Facebook. 
My email: bartosik7@gmail.com

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz